Monday, June 01, 2009

My new job posting

It has been two months now since I was in the Klinik Kesihatan. My previous thought of my life in a small clinic…boring…dementia…cobwebs…no on-call…exact time to go back home…stress free…
But so far, life has been everything but those…except the cobwebs…since no one has time to clean up the place…or maybe im too slow to do anything useful…lol…life has been quite interesting here…as I get to be a boss…hmm..with only two staff members below me..lol…talk about organization chart..that consists of just three people..funny! anyway..my assistants have been very supportive towards me. Although they are senior than me..they still respect me…although the same cant be said to other staff member in the clinic..but oh well…I have to figure out how to get things done with their limited support:P it’s kinda fund to order things to be done my way…to organize or run things my way…without having to consult many big shot people above me…things can be done so much faster this way…
Besides the normal dispensing, counseling, filling of prescriptions…I have to help with some product preparation things too…like labeling or prepacking of medicines etc which is pretty time consuming. I have compiled some useful info for the doctors too…just finished the internal audit and the next big thing to come will be the ISO auditing and renovation of my pharmacy. Plus the monthly drug usage report which is to due very soon. A lot to do: ( Most of my time in the pharmacy is spent doing all those things…which looks very easy but in fact they are time consuming too! And they are not as easy as it looks!
I quite like the clinic setting so far…at least I have more time to learn and to help the patients..for example to thoroughly counsel them on illness or drugs, to really find out their hidden problems, to detect any potential mismanagement, to learn more about how doctors manage a patient. I even get to visit the patients at home and counsel led them on the spot where they felt more convenient. Sometimes we are so busy in a busy environment that we have no time to do all these..which is pretty much the basic and perhaps the more important thing, both for health professionals and patients alike.
So for the meantime…hopefully everything will be fine: )

4 comments:

reddaisie said...

wah!!
ur new posting sounds so fun!!!
I'm at the hospital..
Haihs..busy as ever lo..

I wonder if Penang has such a clinic like urs?>

anthony said...

for me its kinda fun la...its more like a retail setting...wher u manage the whole pharmacy..which i like la...but for most ppl..they will be bored after few months la...mayb i will too:P hopefully not too soon..lol

Norman said...

careful not to counsel aunties with daughters at home oh.. they might lure u into dating their daughters! :D

anthony said...

wil take note of that:)