Monday, January 12, 2009

To build or to destroy a person

Whether we realized it or not, it is often up to us, to either build or destroy a person’s image, dreams or character. Most of the time, we can’t resist the temptations of complaining about others..we can’t resist to be with other ‘smart ones’ who join the crowd of criticizing others although we didn’t even deal with the person concerned…we can’t afford to be different from our peers that condemned the person concerned…we can’t defend the person concerned even if he/she is in fact different from what our peers described. For me, constructive criticisms should be related to the person in a private setting, not in front of other colleagues and superiors..because we will sometimes destroy that person instantly. Of course, if the matter has been related to him/her for lots of times in private and nothing has changed..then he/she left us no other choice.I would greatly appreciate if I were given a second chance if I make a mistake..to be reminded…not condemned on the spot…I learn from mistakes…mistakes enabled me to never do the same mistake again. but often in real life, once u made a mistake…all the other merits becomes useless.. I, most of the times can’t resist or don’t have the guts to be different too from most people…joining the bandwagon…but sometimes…the least of what we can do is to keep quiet and don’t continue spreading the already torching rumours.

p/s: I haven’t done any mistake or being condemned lately…but others had..unfortunately..

No comments: