Monday, September 08, 2008

Photography

Photography…for me it’s just another brush to paint a picture or to tell a story..a photographer is also a good liar because a skillful one will show the audience what he/she wants them to see through the lens..lol. There are different views about what this art should be like though. Some says a conceptual photograph is the one to stay since a message or mood is conveyed. It makes u think. Others snaps only pictures with the perfect colours, tone, lighting and perspectives. I guess as an art form..it can consists of both. It doesn’t have to be ‘either’ ‘or’. None is inferior to the other. Of course I guess the best should consists of both.. but what’s the point of all this if we just go around snapping all the masterpieces if we don’t capture the moments of our lives? Most of the times, the random, unartistic everyday pictures are the ones that will leave us with the most memories when we look back at them..not the conceptual or the one with perfect colours or lightings. Imagine how unenjoyable a trip would be if we keep on snapping for the best art work and we miss the opportunity to sit back and enjoy the views with our own eyes. But sometimes I just can’t control my hands too..which annoys my friends who often seen me missing in action taking pictures. I used to hate people that edit their photos with softwares..to me that is unauthentic. But nowadays I believe having the editing by softwares brings in a whole new possibilities to photography.. it’s expanding the creativity of artists..

Photography is my passion although im not good at it.. it’s a way for me to release stress and to share with others what I see. Not quite sure why I write this posting though…lol..maybe im paying a tribute to all the cameras that served me beforeJ thank you cameras!! Ps: pls admit me to psy ward asap…

No comments: